St. Jacobi will host organists from Germany, Europe, and the USA, presenting a full range of organ works from a range of styles, from baroque to romantic, and up to present-day contemporary composers and modern interpretive arts. In addition to our famous Arp Schnitger organ, which lends a tonal majesty particularly to baroque literature, the Kemper organ with its characteristic tones will also lend its colour to our concert evenings.
- 6 July: Silvius von Kessel (Erfurt) plays pieces by Bach, Vierne, von Kessel (improvisation)
- 13 July: Barry Jordan (Magdeburg) plays pieces by Buxtehude, Tunder, Volans (Walking Song)
- 20 July: Elisabeth Ullmann (Salzburg, Austria) plays pieces by Bach, Buxtehude, Reger (introduction and Passacaglia d-Moll)
- 27 July: Gerhard Löffler (Hamburg) plays an historic organ concert for Michael Praetorius Year 2021: Karl Straube (Freiburg, 1921)
- 3 August: Isabelle Demers (Waco, USA) plays pieces by Bach, Frescobaldi, Laurin (Sonata No. 1 pour orgue)
- 10 August: Suzanne Z’Graggen (Luzern, Switzerland) plays pieces by Drischner (Nordische Toccata g-Moll), Eftestøl, Sløgedal
- 17 August: Albrecht Koch (Freiberg) plays pieces by Bach, Buxtehude (Te Deum laudamus), Reger
- 24 August: Bine Katrine Bryndorf (Roskilde, Denmark) plays pieces by Bach, Praetorius, Radulescu (Madrigali)
- 31 August: Martin Schmeding (Leipzig) plays pieces by Bach (Prelude and Fugue G minor), Eben, Szathmáry
All the concerts are at 8 pm on Tuesdays. Tickets available in advance from www.konzertkassegerdes.de or from the box office. Please observe the rules for attending events in our church.